Your privacy is important to Let’s Go! at Maine Medical Center and the MaineHealth family. We never sell or share your personal information collected on our site with outside organizations without your written consent. Our website is not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children.
Here is an outline of the information we do and do not gather from our site visitors.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information from our website users:
- Non-personal information via technology, such as information about traffic patterns on our website
- Personal information that users provide to us
How We Collect Your Information
We use Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools to collect non-personal aggregated use data.
Site visitors may also be asked to provide information, such as an email address, a mailing address, and/or a phone number, and credit card information in order to receive some of our services. Visitors may decide to volunteer this additional information to fill out a survey, to make a donation, to register for a program, or to join a mailing list.
Use of Your Information
Non-personal information on an aggregated basis may be used make the website more useful to you.
- Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- If you correspond with us via email, the postal service, or other form of communication, we may retain such correspondence and the information contained therein and use such to respond to your inquiry and/or notify you of our services, upcoming events, and research projects.
The information we collect is used to provide the services you have requested and may be used to help improve the content of our website. Information collected may be shared with other organizations in the MaineHealth family to provide the services requested. If you choose to opt-out of providing personal information that may be shared within the MaineHealth family, please email the MaineHealth Privacy Manager at PrivacyManager@MaineHealth.org, or send a letter to the following address:
Communications & Marketing
110 Free Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Your Controls and Choices
Site visitors who have provided Let’s Go! at Maine Medical Center or another MaineHealth organization with additional information are welcome to contact us at any time about this information.
110 Free Street
Portland, ME 04101
Phone Number: 207-661-7286
Upon request, we provide site visitors with access to all information (including proprietary information) that we maintain about them. This includes:
- Transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers made purchases, amounts and types of purchases)
- Communications that the visitor has directed to our site (e.g., emails, customer inquiries)
- Contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number)
Visitors can access this information by sending us an email at the above address, calling us at the above telephone number, or writing to us at the above address.
Names and addresses can be removed from any mailing list by sending us an email at the above address, calling us at the above telephone number, or writing to us at the above address. These requests will be processed within two weeks of receipt.
- Fundraising Activities. We may share information such as your address or phone number. Our Foundation may use this information to contact you about raising funds for events. In these instances, we only would release contact information to our foundation, such as your name, address and phone number. If you prefer to opt-out and not to be contacted for fundraising efforts, notify our Privacy Manager in writing at the address listed on this notice.
When we transfer and receive certain types of sensitive health information, we redirect visitors to a secure server and will notify visitors through a pop-up screen on our site. We have a secure computer room in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your computing environment.
Where MH partners with a third party to provide website or content delivery services directly to site visitors at that third party, the privacy practices published at the third party will apply to any information provided. Please refer to those third party sites for their privacy policies.
If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will contact each individual before we use his or her data for these new purposes and adjust our opt-out policy to reflect the changes. We will post the policy changes to our website to notify visitors of these changes and provide visitors with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our website periodically.